Thursday, August 14, 2008

What happened to "10 days left..."?

Okay, how did it get to be Thursday already? I completely missed "10 days left" on my Ravelympics timer, somehow, and I *still* haven't seen (live) any of the women's Archery. Which sucks, because the semis and medal finals were today. Rats. But still: it's Thursday? I mean, really, I need more time to knit! I'm starting to burn out on The Cat Sweater a bit, but I really, REALLY want it done. Likewise, my eyes are starting to bleed a bit from the brilliant colors of the Titan Super-Bulky Yarn that has folded itself into the Stoplight Sweater... but I shall perservere. I will, however, be carrying around something just a wee bit lighter today and tomorrow, since my back is hurting me (probably from lugging The Cat Sweater and its attendant Pounds-O-Yarn around). So, spotlight on A Pair of Heart Socks for today, since tomorrow - Secret of the Stole III starts!! No, I haven't swatched for it... successfully. But I will. And it's entirely possible that I'll wait (*gasp!*) until after Ravelympics to start at all... but I want to start something!!! I know, I know, I have PADD. Anyway, I was talking about socks:
  1. The Cat Sweater.I'm quite distressed that my two-color ribbing *really* didn't work. Mind you, it's the first time I'd ever tried such a thing, and I was winging it (why I did this when I actually have directions for doing so in my copy of Tudor Roses... which, WTF? It's selling for as much as $275 a copy??? Yikes! I'd better guard mine!!). Anyway, winged it, and it's loose and curly and I don't like the way it looks. So I decided to seam up the whole bottom ribbing after I finished the sleeves. Had to do it before I started the button band, of course. And have to do the button band before doing the neck/collar, if I want it to cross over. So, here's the before and after of the seaming, and proof that I actually have two finished sleeves.

    Before

    After

    Two Sleeves!

    Cast on button band, side one
  2. A Pair of Hearts Socks. This is the carry-around today, so hopefully there will be actual progress pictures tomorrow.
  3. The Stoplight Sweater. All the steeking is done, and we're down to sleeves, sleeves, and more sleeves. Or carefully sewing in the zipper so the pattern actually matches across the chest.

    Steeks done, Sleeve Cast On
  4. Titania. Let's be honest. I'm not touching this sweater until one of the other two is actually completely done. I don't know what I was thinking, putting THREE sweaters into WIP Wrestling!
  5. Forget-Me-Not Shawl. Wow, once you get to a certain point of a center-out shawl, it starts to go REALLY slow. Man. But at least I'm working on it a bit. No point in a photo; it still looks about the same as yesterday, despite two solid hours of knitting!
I'll probably be staying up far too late again tonight watching the Olympics - I was up until almost one on Tuesday and Wednesday. I can catch up on my sleep during the boring sports on the weekend, right? Oh, wait, there aren't really any boring sports, since I can knit during all of them (Except for swimming. Gotta watch the US guys swim, since if you blink, you'll miss them... or they'll be so far ahead of everyone else that they're not even in the same frame!).

2 comments:

  1. You are just zipping along! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in shock that there is a pattern that is selling for $275. You might want to put your copy in a lock box. :D You are really accomplishing alot, you can sleep after the olympics. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...