Monday, August 11, 2008

Ravelympics, starting Day 4

First, look what showed up in the mail! Yaaaay!
I also got the "daily dose of fiber" magnets, which are stuck to our closet door. (For no reason I can think of, all the interior doors in our house are metal. All the exterior doors, however, are wood, and most are split/cracked/decaying from age and need replacement. I don't understand, but it gives me a lot of place to stick magnets.

Did I mention that last Friday morning, pre-work, was a flurry of unwanted activity at my house? I was going to tuck my laceweight merino and size 3 needles into my Ravelry tote just in case I got bored with my sock during the day - and I couldn't find it! I was certain both it and The Cat Sweater were right in my wheeled bins-o-stash, but they weren't! I had the Stoplight Sweater (couch), Titania (wheeled bins) and Pair of Hearts socks (Ravelry Bag), but no Cat Sweater or Forget-me-Not yarn. Naturally, I had to toss the craft room when I got home, which isn't easy, due to the fact that IT'S FULL. Completely. No room to walk, almost.

Many hours (and much lost knitting time) later, I had managed to rescue The Cat Sweater. Then I sat down to the Opening Ceremonies...

... and was so enthralled I didn't knit a STITCH. Oh well!

On to Saturday morning. Here I am at approximately 6:45 a.m., ready to go. The socks are in my Ravelry bag; the giant orange knitting tote contains The Cat Sweater.


Progress on the Five Ravelympics Projects for the first weekend of the Games:
  1. Titania. Located. Must re-print pattern. No actual knitting.
  2. The Stoplight Sweater. Located. Bought thread for seaming before steeking. Found 29" bright-red zipper, located yarn. Can't find size 15 circular needles for sleeve knitting, but they've got to be around somewhere. No actual knitting.
  3. A Pair of Hearts Socks. Almost done with one ankle to the heel flap. Nervous: never done an actual "heel flap" or "gussets" before. (This is my Practice Heel Flap, since I'll need to be able to do one for Installment #2 of the Fairy Tale Sock Club.) Anyway:
  4. Forget Me Not Shawl. Found the *ball band* for the yarn, but not the yarn or its associated needles. My house ate my yarn. If I haven't found it by next weekend, will have to scratch this event.
  5. The Cat Sweater. Found, and first sleeve completed, yay!!

    I look scary here. No idea why.

    Also, seamed, cut, and sewed back front steek.

    It's fun telling my mom about steeking. She freaks out just thinking about it, but since my attitude is "well, I can sew well enough by hand that the yarn isn't coming apart nohow, so, no worries even if I screw up," I don't have a problem. Once again proving I'm a process, not a product, knitter.
So, how are all y'all doing?

3 comments:

  1. You were busy this weekend. Did you get ANY sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting lots done. I am doing the vest vault out of handspun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smack! You are brave. My hands were shaking like crazy last time I cut a steek.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...