Monday, August 18, 2008

The Cat Sweater: FINISHED!

So, the whole point of the Ravelympics is to get my UFO numbers down, down, down. I started the weekend with 62 UFOs, and ended the weekend with 61UFOs. To wit:


Me in my finished The Cat Sweater!


One side says "HERE"...

... the other says "KITTY KITTY"

Entire Sweater

Close-up of the super-adorable buttons I found

Yep, it's cute, it's lovely, and it's finished. I'm sending a picture to Crazy Aunt Purl, since it was her Cat Sweater Contest last fall that made me create this monster bit of machine-washable warmth. And it is warm; every stitch is effectively two strands of yarn deep, which is just wonderful. Plus the collar stands up nicely, always a plus. The temptation would be to make a nice little The Cat Hat to go with it... I spent most of the sweater worried I wasn't going to have enough yarn to finish it, but look:


Plenty of yarn left!



The Cat Sweater/Kitty Love
knitting, was 60%done

Lest you think I am not quite wonderful enough (because I'm sure as hell impressed with myself, that's a MAJOR UFO off the list!), allow me to let you view some more:


Yes, that's a finished A Pair of Hearts sock!

Boy, the sock went fast once I was past the trauma of the gusset. Which wasn't really all that traumatic: thanks to Donna at Random Knits for a nice, pain-free, panic-free pattern!

So, this leaves me with a sock, two sweaters, and a shawl to finish up in the few days left of these here Ravelympics.

So, the much shorter progress check:
  1. The Stoplight Sweater. Not so bad. Realized the size 15 needles were NOT working for the sleeves, and had to rip out. Ended up going all the way down to 10.5s to get gauge - yay for my Boye interchangeable needles! Still have two sleeves and the zipper to install, but should go quickly now that it looks "right".
  2. A Pair of Hearts Socks. See above. One down, one to go!
  3. Titania. I pulled her out, figured out where the heck I was in the pattern, and got going. Since I'm doing both fronts at once, it's not too bad.
  4. Forget-Me-Not Shawl. I swear, there's progress. Really. But the odds of this getting finished this week? Not so good.
Pretty good progress, right? I mean, that's a medal in WIP Wrestling, and I've got a good shot at one in the Sock Put - and, in case you missed it, the UFO Count is now at 61!!!

5 comments:

  1. holy cow. that sweater is awesome! Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing sweater! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!! I love it is as cute as Nikolas. ;) Am I jealous or what? The socks are going to be adorable. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful sweater indeed! Also a perfect fit!
    I love your heart sock, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...