Monday, August 25, 2008

Ravelympics is over, and I survived!

Okay, so, I picked up my medal for Sock Put this morning:

A Pair of Hearts Socks

And here are my other two medals again, just because I'm so a-SQUEEE about them:

The Cat Sweater

StoplightSweater

My husband, bless his heart, cheered me on to keep knitting on my Ravelympics-tagged projects. So, I picked up the Forget-Me-Not shawl, and got about half a pattern repeat done over the remainder of the games. As it's tiny mohair lace, if I'm *really* up to speed with no distractions, I can get get one pattern row and its companion purl row done in about half an hour to forty-five minuts (including frogging, dropping stitch markers, losing my place in the pattern, etc.). There were lots of distractions, so I only got about five hours of knitting done - but it's something. And I'm now using this as my carry-around project. So what if I only get six rows done in a day? It's six more rows than I had, and *eventually* I'll finish it! Here's what it looks like as of just-before-work this morning:


I also want to share the wonderful space I found myself in this weekend. My friend T has the largest personal yarn stash I know of that isn't connected somehow to a store. She was giving away lots of cross-stitch stuff yesterday at the S&B (I got a couple of yards of green and red 14-ct Aida, some light green 22ct and 18ct quarter-yards, enough waste canvas to last every project I've got in my head right now, and a diaper holder and baby bib to stitch up for the baby shower in two weeks. (It's for a stitcher, so she'll appreciate it!) I got to sit in a corner next to this all afternoon and stitch:


I also got to peek in to the Room of Holding:


It's full of yarn. She also has a huge storage unit, and there is yarn tucked about the house *everywhere*. Really, it's dreamy to imagine that much yarn in one place! I'm glad she let us visit...!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...