Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday...

Friday, August 15, 2008. You know what that means: Secret of the Stole III has started!! Woohoooo!! Registration is now closed to join the Knit-a-Long, but once it's over, you'll be able to buy the pattern from DK. I'm sure this one will be as beautiful as the last two!

Now, I've decided not to cast on just yet, but I'm TOTALLY going to once Ravelympics is over! I should have enough projects done that I can start SotS-iii and still be under 60 UFOs!! My stuff is all ready to go, though, as soon as I'm "cleared" for knitting:


On the Ravelympics front, since I'm talking about finishing things, I've been "competing" for a week now. Here's how it's going:
  1. The Cat Sweater. Oh my freakin' gosh, the end is actually in sight. I may actually have photos of me wearing a finished The Cat Sweater on Monday, assuming I can figure out where I hid my Kitty Buttons! Keep your fingers crossed, both on the knitting and the finding-the-buttons front!
  2. The Stoplight Sweater. Um. You'd think this would be going much faster given the large needles and super bulky yarn. I think I'm hitting sweater burnout.
  3. Titania. Here's a photo, just so you know I'm not imagining this third sweater:
  4. A Pair of Hearts Socks. Managed my First Heel Flap without much incident. Hopeful that I'll actually finish this project during the Games.

    Scary heel flap... gusset happening!
  5. Forget-Me-Not Shawl I'm knitting, but it's not growing. Can anyone see a difference at this point in lace? I mean, I'm clearly past my lifeline by a bit, but shouldn't it be growing faster?
In a related note, and also found more lovely HOT PINK laceweight merino at Stitch DC - Georgetown on Wednesday. Well, actually, I found it Tuesday... I just didn't have the cash to *buy* it until Wednesday! And it matches the stuff I already had (not quite enough of) for Forget-Me-Not, so I can make the whole shawl full-sized now (yikes!). Soooooo pretty! And, for no apparent reason, all the Katia Mississippi 3 was on sale 60% off. Now, I love this yarn - it's a pleasure to work with, and makes comfy socks. For $40, I was able to get enough to make a cute sweater AND a cute shrug! I think the new GREEN yarn will be turning into Laura Chau's Serrano (from Knitty's Fall 2006 issue), and the shrug will probably be something from Lace Style, from the yellow yarn. Figuring gauge and size, I knew I'd want to get 2400m or so (that's giving extra, don't worry!). It's sooooooo soft, and sooooo pretty! I know, I know, I'm supposed to be on a yarn diet, but it was on sale and it was pretty!

hot pink


cool green and yellow
As we head into the weekend (in which, sadly, I'll be expected to do a whole bunch of things that *aren't* knitting), the prospect is good that I'll have a finishing announcement on Monday. Keep those fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...