Thursday, August 7, 2008

thisclose, but not there yet...

I just have to point out the Fla-Vor-Ice Cozy from Lynnio Knits. I just have to. Plus (oh, the joys of "Random Surf" on the Knit Bloggers Ring!), some really cool Yarn Desktop Wallpaper from Vogue Knitting via Yarn Dreams! Now back to the UFO thing.

Well, I was clearly on a roll this past weekend. Last Thursday night (that would be a week ago), I hit the craft room, and dug out (a) a lot of totebags, (b) a frightening number of lost Ghiardelli caramel chocolate squares therefrom, (c) many, many balls of yarn that I'd forgotten I had and (wheeee!) (d) a bag with a bunch of patterns, a ball of lacy lamb and size 0 needles, and this:


It's a bag I did ages ago. Michael's used to sell front-pocket totes. The sun is a canvas kit from Janlynn (Bucilla? One of them...). I got some cord for the edging, made a velcro closure strip for the pocket, gave the top a zipper, and used the extra pink and rose floss to make the little band out to each side, which just gave it that extra "I could've bought this, but I didn't, I made it, aren't I clever?" oomph. (I've actually had someone tell me I *couldn't* have stitched the bag, since the lines were "too straight and even" on the sides. Um, it's on a canvas bag. Canvas is woven. On a grid. It's actually pretty danged easy.)

I also unburied a stunning little piece (and stitched on it like a fiend ever since, with a couple of knitting and/or crochet breaks), so it would be done.

It is so not done.

I tried, I really tried, but I discovered last night that all of the purple-y stuff was supposed to be purple-y *with* blending fillament, so I had to overstitch a bunch of stuff that I'd already stitched, which wasted the whole evening. Well, not wasted, since all is now how it should be, but I didn't get *more* done. I'm probably much closer to 80% done than 75% done... and probably closer to the 90% range. Sigh. We'll see how much I get done tonight, given that I won't get home until late because of PT. So, as of today:


English Knot Garden
cross-stitch, was 75% done
I'm so close to 60 UFOs (pre-Ravelympics) that I can almost taste it, but I'm just not there yet. UFO count still holds at 61. DRAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...