Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One sleeve...

Well, I at least got one Ravelympics medal! Yaaaay!!

The Cat Sweater

I am a Ravthlete!

I also, while rifling my bookshelves looking for small change (don't ask), found the pieces of what will someday be a quilted Christmas chesboard (all reds, greens and golds). It's all hand-cut and hand-pieced (so far). It's 64 blocks, naturally, and I've almost finished putting all of them into sets of four blocks. Those will then be (carefully) sewn into sixteen-block board quarters, and then the whole thing goes together. Because it's small (chessboard sized, go figure), I can do fun motif quilting, rather like I did in the half of the Shoo-Fly Patriotic Quiltlet that I've finished quilting. Hand-piecing tiny blocks = ultimate portable. The entire project fits in the outer pocket of my Ravelry bag!

There is some progress, though, on the Stoplight Sweater:

See? There's one sleeve there. And, on the right, you can see the trailing yarn for sleeve #2, which will hopefully be done by the time I get home tonight so I can put in the zipper and be done with it. (Adding a hood is tempting, but will have to be done after-the-fact of the actual sweater being finished, due to Time Constraints.)

Also got the ribbing and one pattern repeat done on the second A Pair of Hearts sock, show here with George:

I think those will officially be "it" for the Ravelympics. Titania and the Forget-me-Not shawl just aren't going to medal this time around.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on truckin'. You'll get there. You're doing more of a fiber decathalon than a one event sprint.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...