Tuesday, August 26, 2008

59 UFOs and Counting

So, I'm at 59 UFOs, which is definitely "under 60". Granted, this is where I was at the very beginning of 2008. I totally blame The Amanda Hat for making me fall off the wagon in January. I have an Amanda Hat, with matching scarf, headband and neckwarmer. A full set of coordinated Amanda things, and they're most of the first things I finished this year. But I *started* them this year, and that opened the door to starting more stuff. So far this year, I have started 29 things, and finished 20 of them. So, there are nine things I should finish this year if I can, plus 50 things left over from previous years of not-finishing-things. In order of starting, the things that need finishing this year (so I can have a "clean slate" from 2008 to 2009) are:
Secret of the Stole II
Titania
Snowball's Chance in Hell Ninja Armwarmers
LabCat Lace Scarf
Forget-Me-Not Shawl
the Sekrit Projikt
and three cross-stitch projects

The cross-stitch projects are varying degrees of difficulty, and all three are relatively portable. Or would be, except the floss for one is attached to my yarn swift. Which I'll need soon, so I guess I'd better work on that one at home.

ANYway, right now, I'm carrying around the Forget-Me-Not shawl (no more pictures of that until there's actually noticable progress of some sort) and my smallest quilting UFO, a hand-pieced (and eventually hand-quilted) Christmas Chessboard. Here's the layout; while all the two-block segments are pieced together, and about 1/3 of the four-block segments, there's still a lot of hand-stitching to go. And because I'm trying to get all the corners to match up (go figure!), it goes pretty slowly.


I also have a baby shower in two weeks, so I'll be stitching up a baby bib and a diaper holder in the interim. The hope is that the diaper holder will be completed in under 24h (or thereabouts) so it will never actually hit The List. It probably will, but there's hope. The Bib shouldn't, since it's just small words. The diaper holder is just words, too, but they're much, much bigger. If you're wondering what the heck a Diaper Holder is, here's an example:

diaper holder with Snail baby stitched by Alma in TN!
by AngelRose1108

Just because, another photo of my A Pair of Hearts Socks.


You can actually see the hearts in this one, because of the really slanty lighting.

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors in the quilt. Cross stitching baby things is fun. I did several bibs for Nikolas but my daughter wouldn't use them for fear he would mess them up, I won't make that mistake again. ;)Aren't bibs to catch the mess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a LJ filter so we could talk about the book. I finished it. Sorry I didn't have your email.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...