Tuesday, August 5, 2008

There's a Ravelry Tote with my name on it!

Ah, Tuesday. I have to report that I had a total Geek Squeee moment yesterday when I hit Ravelry: a bunch of my Ravelympics teammates (Team Resolutions 2008) are using the Ravatar I designed for us. Squeeeeeal! They like it! They really like it! Sqeeeeeeal!

*Ahem.*

There was also the moment of Great Triumph when, on a whim, I checked the Ravelry Mini-Mart just to see if just maybe in the two hours since I'd checked it, the Ravelry Totes had been put up. THEY HAD!!!! Bwah-hahahahahaha! I gots me a totebag. Woohoo! I can now put away my credit card; that was the last thing I was keeping it out for. Yay!

So, there's more on the UFO front. (Yes, really. And yes, in the downward direction. I heard that.) More hunting through the stash, and more finding of things that I'll never finish, no matter how much I once loved them. First was Mirabilia's "Fairy Tales", which I started on a lovely 10ct dark-pewter sparklycloth. [Unlreated note: Salt & Pepper, the site with the pic of a completed "Fairy Tales" is one of my favorite online needlework stores. They kit FOR you, and it's worth it!] The pewter turned out to be too dark (almost an exact match for the shadow color called for in the pattern), and I hadn't used thick enough floss (it needed six strands, I was only using three). I've been meaning to rip it out for ages, but didn't get around to it until just now. So, now I have some spectacular cloth - to use for something else. (This is one pattern that just doesn't appeal any more, oh well.)


Before

Yes, those are two sizes of seed pearls
I had to take out - and NOT LOSE.

After - the blank canvas

Lots and LOTS of orts!



Fairy Tales
cross-stitch - was 25% done
UNSTITCHED 8-3-08


My mother can't watch me pull things out; she almost cries. The fact that it doesn't bother me - in fact, it's almost exciting - is how I can tell I'm a process crafter. I'm all about Doing whatever it is, and if I wind up with something at the end, great; if not, I had fun working on whatever-it-was. So, I'm pretty excited about having this huge piece of 10ct dark sparkly to stitch something on someday!

Oh, and that's a UFO count of 63 now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...