Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting ready for Ravelympics...

So, with the Ravelympics due to start at the end of the week (that's Friday, kids), and with me really, really not wanting to go over 70 UFOs (since I was such a good bunny to get under 60 at the start of the year), I really, really need to finish stuff this week. I started last week, and the making of the Giant Chart of Projects, at 66 UFOs. This includes thirty-four (34) cross-stitch projects (including hardanger and specialty-stitch samplers), three (3) cross-stitch sets, two (2) latch hook projects, two (2) crochet projects, twelve (12) knitted projects, eight (8) quilts or mini-quilts, five (5) canvaswork items and NO (0) sewing projects. Sixty-six.

As Karen so succinctly put it: "Oh my God."

That is a lot, and as both Secret of the Stole III (August 15th) *and* the Ravelympics (FRIDAY!!!) start soon, I need to finish something. Just one, tiny, itsy-bitsy thing. (Why just one? Because when I checked my list, I'd never actually taken the Forget-me-Not shawl, my Ravelympics project, *off* the list. *Phew!*) I knew about this "finish something" last Wednesday, when I struggled mightily to finish at least half of the Sekrit Projikt - and lo, I succeeded at that. Mostly.

I discovered that "finishing" might take a bit longer than I've got - but UNDOING - that goes pretty fast!! So, I went through the barely-started pile of stuff, and made some choices. First up, there's a latch-hook rug I've started - and not gotten terribly far on - where the colors are just Messed UP. Seriously. So, pull tug tug tug, it's all unhooked, to be started again someday when (a) I feel like it and (b) have time to cut up a bajillion pieces of Caron Supersoft yarn (which, by the way, works lovely for nice, soft rugs). HA!! A UFO goes off the list!

More knitting got done, of course, this time on my Ninja Arm-warmers, because it's just silly to be two rows of ribbing from having the first one knitted - and it's a heck of a lot easier to do all the duplicate stitch on them when they aren't attached to a bunch of sharp, pointy, size 0 needles. See?


One Ninja Armwarmer, with Skull (and someday snowflakes)

Next, I was crocheting a huge filet-crochet blanket with my my new family name and a giant heart on it after I got married. A white blanket. If you've ever seen my decor - or house - you'll grasp, quickly, that "white" as a color in decor... just isn't gonna cut it. I haven't taken it off the list before, because I couldn't find the bloody thing... but this past weekend, I found where it had been hiding, and unraveled it. I now have a TON of slightly sparkly white yarn. I'll eventually be making something like Jared's Hemlock Ring Blanket out of the yarn... for my mother's house.

So, here's two little critters, undone, and off the list.


Nova (Starburst)  latch hook - was 10% done - UNRAVELED 8-2-08


White B. Afghan  crochet - Was 40% done - UNRAVELED 8-2-08

I also got a lot done on the Sekrit Projikt, too - having gotten myself to get going again, I did the Really Quick Part where Lots of Progress is Apparent on the ride into work on Friday, and then settled in to the part that doesn't go quite as quickly. (At least it's going faster than it would have been, now that I found my fifth size 1 Addi turbo steel-frame needle. Faster still when I figure out where I hid my circs from myself!)

The UFO Count stands at 64.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to have you in the Secret of the Stole III. Good luck with the Ravelympics as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...