Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ravelympics, 11days, 21 or so hours left...

Note the cool Countdown Timer I snagged courtesy of AnnyPurls over on Ravelry. It's to the top-right of this here blog page. See? Wheee!

And yes, Cindy, I did actually sleep over the weekend. Most of Saturday during the day, in fact. (Because all the cool sports were on at, say, three a.m.) But I slept, I promise!!

Yesterday, I got to the slightly slow part of knitting: The not-knitting. Right now, it's all about the steeks. To get two of my older sweater UFOs done (wrestled? They are part of Ravelympics WIP Wrestling, after all), I need to steek one more front and three more sleeves. Thanks to my very patient husband taking me on an emergency Sunday-evening Walmart run (it's so odd that it's now "Walmart" instead of "Wal-Mart" - things change!), I have brown thread (The Cat Sweater steeks), green thread (Stoplight Sweater steeks) and red thread (Stoplight Sweater zipper), plus blue (red and blue needed to finish a small wall quilt that I'd like done SOON). I got a large spools of black and white thread, as well, since I don't seem to have any thread in my house of "normal" colors. Embroidery floss, sure, SCADS of that, but that's not so good for seaming things and quilting! ANY-way, back to the steeks. First, look what I finally found buried in a bag I *SWEAR* I checked at least three times previously:

Forget-Me-Not Shawl to Be


Next, The Cat Sweater:

Front steek, both sides finished, ready for button band

Sleeve steek all seamed, ready to cut, outside and in


Sleeve steek, cut


Sleeve steek sewn back


Sleeve cast on!


Now, the Stoplight Sweater:

Front steek, both sides finished, ready for zipper installation


One sleeve steek seamed and cut
Size 15 needles found, but may actually need 13s, which are AWOL

Now, if you're thinking that this is a LOT of progress that coudl've happened any time in the past, oh, four years (yes, I started the Stoplight Sweater in its present incarnation in 2004 - there were three incarnations before it that just didn't work), you'd be right. It's happening now because of the Ravelympics, and that's pretty much the only reason. Well, that and because it actually got CHILLY this weekend (!!), so having a cute sweater or two would be nice!

1 comment:

  1. The sweaters are wonderful. I can't get over how fast you turn these items out.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...