Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Okay, what's next?

From yesterday afternoon:

I'm going to hide downstairs (in the Firm's library) for about half an hour after I clock out today. I'm thisclose to being able to put in my next lifeline for the Forget-Me-Not Shawl (i.e., two rows away from finishing the second full pattern repeat). It would make attempting to knit on the train home *so* much easier if I knew the lifeline was in. But - I did not bring stitch markers to mark the new areas-that-repeat-horizontally. And it's a pretty long horizontal repeat, which I've been able to keep going properly only by using stitch markers. But I don't have stitch markers... or do I?

Exhibit A

I give you Exhibit A, the buttons that I've collected in my desk over the past ten years. Mostly from abandoned desks, or as found objects long-lost under furniture. (Yes, I'm a magpie. You should've guessed.) 1 small paperclip + 1 button = stitcholder.

Which brings me to this great idea I have for what I can finally sell on Etsy, provided I can find the colossal cache of tiny-tiny buttons I've got in my house, and all my tiny-tiny jump rings and my tiny-tiny soldering iron.

Dangerous Things may now commence.

Continuing with Today:

The Resolutions 2008 group on Ravelry is doing a September Sweater KAL. I announce this because I think it's a Very Good Thing. You see, I've just got ONE sweater on The List right now: The lovely Titania. I have two sleeves that look like this:


I also have two ruffly cardi-front bottoms that look about like this (although I think this may be a picture of a nascent sleeve...):


As everyone knows, the tricky part of any sweater is the sleeves, and I have craftily solved that one by starting with them. Now, mind you, I think these sleeves may be a mite small, since I was roughly 20lbs lighter when I knitted them. (Odd incentive to lose weight again, but more likely to work than most, I think - and if not, I've already figured out a trick that will *make* them fit.)

The good news is that I've actually got incentive to finish my last sweater. YAAAAAAY!

2 comments:

  1. That sweater will be gorgeous. I think that was very crafty of you making the stitch markers out of buttons and paperclips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a 'legal' person? I so enjoy your posts, btw. Cat

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...