Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just over 11 days left...

Okay, much the Squee: Kathy of Knitting Out Loud will be at Stitches East! I am SO buying my own copy of "No Idle Hands" and "Knitting Lessons: Tales from the Knitter's Path"! I mean - listening to books about knitting whilst knitting? Bliss!!

In more personal knitting news (because that's why I'm doing this), while trying to stave off Rampant Startitis for just one more day, I examined at my Master List of UFOs. Looks like while I've started 29 new things this year, there are only *ten* that I haven't finished. That's a pretty good ratio for me! For right now, the UFO count is at 62; I did have to start my A Pair of Hearts Socks. Ravelympics, you know. I just *had* to start them. Thankfully, I think I'll be done with them on schedule.

Anyway, here's what happened Tuesday-into-Wednesday on the Ravelympics front:
  1. Titania. Located. Re-printed pattern. Discovered I'm evidently knitting both fronts at the same time (remember, I'm modding her into a cardigan). Okay, I can do this! Just probably not this week.
  2. The Stoplight Sweater. Haven't touched it since Monday. Still needs one sleeve steek sewn back, and one sleeve steek done entirely.
  3. A Pair of Hearts Socks. Whups. Forgot about these. Must figure out where I left them Monday morning when I pulled them out of my Ravelry tote to stuff The Cat Sweater inside...
  4. Forget Me Not Shawl. Cast on. Like three times. Why am I having such "fun" casting on lace lately? At least I found all my cool little markers. Turns out I needed 'em: I got through the ENTIRE FIRST REPEAT (!!!) up to my first lifeline! Woohooooo! Hot Pink Fuzzyness is HERE!
  5. The Cat Sweater. Oh, I'm gonna finish this sucker this week. Just see if I don't!! Here's Tuesday morning (and a bonus shot of Knitting with George):
... and here's where I am on Wednesday morning!
 
So, I have the potential to finish at least *one* thing this week (it's looking like The Cat Sweater or the Stoplight Sweater). Maybe two (socks?). I started washing all the bedding just after five yesterday morning so I wouldn't have to come home and do it, and that mostly worked. I'm not quite coherent enough to knit just after I wake up, but laundry? No problem!

Now if I can just figure out how to pay bills and get exercise (without hurting myself physically or financially) while I'm asleep, I'll be all set.

1 comment:

  1. If you find a way to pay bill, exercise and sleep at the same time, you better share.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...