Friday, August 22, 2008

Last Day = Sock Frenzy!

Well, I may actually save up to get one of these: Limited Edition Yarn Mugs from Jennie the Potter. With orange yarn, of course. Definitely on my list.Oh, and a wee bit of bookkeeping. I had to post from home last night, and most of my templates are at work, so I forgot/couldn't post the following:


Stoplight Sweater, Take III
knitting, was 60% done


With three projects, and only one day, left for Ravelympics, I decided the Sock Put was my best bet at getting a third medal during the 2008 Ravelympics, so the remaining sock is going with me EVERYwhere, and I've taken to trying to knit stealthily under my desk at work (when I'm there; today was chock-full of doctor's appointments for the final release on my shoulder, so lots of extra knitting time!). (Knitting at my desk doesn't go well. One of my bosses knits, and can tell what I'm doing just by my body posture. On the upside, she gives me about five minutes after she notices before she calls me on it. And it's not really that she minds; it's just she'd kinda like to send stuff out to the clients today, so I sorta need to type it. That, plus she's still a bit miffed about the $160 of cashmere that followed her home last week after I told her about the amazing sale at Stitch DC.) So, here's a shot of my (hopefully winning) entry after Thursday night and Friday morning were spent knitting a whole bunch:


I know, it's a bit of a sock. But there's hope it will be a bit MORE of a sock, and soon - LIKE NOW.

Ravelympics. We're in the home stretch. I am SO freakin' burned out from knitting right now - it's only the hope that I will get to start my lovely blaze-orange-with-flame-beads SotS-III at the end that is keeping me going! I can just tell that I'm going to be able to cut down some of the numbers of quilting and cross-stitch UFOs from my list, because I'm just plain going to need a knitting break. Seriously, it's been sleep (a bit), work (if I must), eat (when I remember) and KNIT for the past twelve days.

Because I'm a good little bunny, and because the reward of blaze-orange laceweight yarn is looming in the near future, here's my last official Ravelympics report:
  1. A Pair of Hearts Socks. Will. Be. Done. Today.
  2. Titania. If I can just get to the cream sections on the front, this will FLY. Not fast enough, I fear, but stockinette is *waaaaay* faster than the lovely (but challenging) trellis lace. To put it in perspective, I expect this to be a truly lovely Easter sweater (which means I should really have it done by Saturday, April 11, 2009).
  3. Forget-Me-Not Shawl. Okay, I thought worsted-weight shawls (I've done two) took a while. I thought DK shawls took a while (SotS-1 and SotS-2 are done in DK weight). Laceweight... laceweight will be the end of me. I keep knitting and knitting and knitting, and I'm thrilled to get to the end of a row. Let alone two or three. Without having to frog (which, by the way, sucks to do with merino). Without dropping stitches, or a stitch marker. I will finish, though, because I want it done! Off the list! And I now have no fear about making a lace merino sweater, so I *will* be starting Serrano one of these years. Just not for a few months after I've finished my Forget-Me-Not!


I am really hoping I knit super-fast at lunch, and finish my sock. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope you get the 3 medals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well? Are ya finished yet? I'm sure you'll make the 3rd! I can't beleive how much you have finished. Hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...