Tuesday, January 8, 2008

See? I *do* knit!

Okay, it's getting close to The End of my first ball of Lilac Jade Sapphire Cashmere Silk (that's colorway #31). I managed, using the little grabber-things meant to help me get things off top shelves without risking life and limb, to grab the bag Ball #2 was hiding in (on the other side of the vast pile of furniture and electronics that is no longer in front of the sliding glass door in the back room, since that's now gone completely, but no, no furniture has been moved back). I started to ball it up on the ride into work, and got this far by the time I actually had to leave the breakroom to go to my desk:

[KnitStuff/SecondSkeinLotVS.jpg]

And here's the shawl. I'm somewhere in the middle of Pattern Row Repeat Block #7, which means I have just over (or under?) three full repeats to go (or seven half-repeats, to be exact) before the edge starts. And as you might be able to tell, little Cup-o-Shawl doesn't fit in its cup any more. (But man, having the unshatterable cup to store the ball of yarn in in my handbag? Wow, that works well! I haven't lost the sucker on the train ONCE!!)

[KnitStuff/LotVS-2.jpg]
shawl

[KnitStuff/LotVS-2a.jpg]
close-up

The close-up, of course, looks spagetti-like, as most shawls do at this halfway sort of point. I think it's going to be pretty. Hopefully, I'll be on the border by the end of January. Actually, I probably will be... I'm just hoping I can find my copy of Lace Style by the time I need it to see what the heck I'm supposed to do to *get* the border!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...