Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Books, books, books!

This weekend, I managed to locate knitting books. The first was the one I was actually looking for: Knitting Bones, by Monica Ferris. (It's number... 7? 8? in the Needlewoman Murder Mysteries series.)
[cover]

Next was the fabulous Runway Knits. Honestly, I think there's only one thing in the book I *wouldn't* make!

[cover]

After that, there were actually two copies of Lace Style. The first was at the bookstore, where I quickly jotted down the next step for the Lilly of the Valley shawl (which, as it turns out, is a lot farther away than I thought). I couldn't quite justify buying another copy of the book, since it's probably not all *that* lost in my house.
[cover]

The second was at our local library (!!!) - and it was slightly mis-shelved. I don't know how I spotted it, but it's mineminemine for the next three weeks. Needless to say, I'm now REALLY trying to finish the Lilly of the Valley shawl, so I don't have to re-check the book... someone else probably needs it!

There was also a copy of something I've never seen before: "The Peter Rabbit Knitting Book". I just managed (well, my husband just managed) to track down - in Sussex, England - a copy of this, since my mother loves all things Peter Rabbit.

[KnitStuff/BeatrixPotterKnittingPage.jpg]
Linda K. Long's son Michael, at much younger age,
models a lovely Peter Rabbit Sweater she made.
Image (c) Linda K. Long.

Pretty good finds for one day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the picture of the boy!!! You know that extortion is illegal, right?

    Just kidding. I also love Peter Rabbit. I hope you show more photos later.

    Take care,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...