Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not-Socks.

Updates on information from yesterday: the Lovely L let me know that Dragonfly Kate's wheel is a "Lendrum double treadle wheel," also considered to be a castle style (even though it's tilty). Her beautiful spindle is a Mongold Norge. (I am quite saddened by the complete lack of Wikientries on this lovely thing, although AbiKnits has some photos of the one she sold in her Flickrstream. It looks very much like the one I got to play with.)

Monday morning, I needed to switch to my new Kenneth Cole bag (oh, how I love discount stores. I have a lot of Betsy Johnson, Gwen Stefani and now a Cole bag, and I totally wouldn't be able to afford them first-run.) I looked at the Fairy Tale Socks, which I hadn't touched all day Sunday (due to spinning fake spider webs into yarn) . . . and went and picked up Secret of the Stole II instead. (Hey, it's also Sanguine Gryphon yarn, so it's sort of the same?) At the end of the morning commute, I was about ten rows away from finally finishing Hint #5:


Monday morning... almost done with Hint #5

Saturday was the last time I worked on the Fairy Tale Sock Club socks. They'd been my ONLY project for over a week, which is pretty impressive if you know the extent of my PADD. I'm over halfway up the second leg, so I'm hoping I'll feel like getting back to them this week so I have Finished Socks Really Soon.


Sunday afternoon at the Spin-in
(during Exile to Porch due to Sneezing on Bunnysquirrel)

I realized just now that I should've been checking my "colorwork" tag for every instance of these socks, because they TOTALLY are. I also think one of my missions this weekend will be to find actual critter-fiber stuff to spin. Or plantstuff. Fake spiderweb, although it *was* good practice, has been banned by She Who Knows Stuff. I think I will be buying my first Etsy things in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...