Friday, September 19, 2008

Fun Foto Friday, with Extra Added Whining!

So, I had the brilliant idea Wednesday night of frogging the Tiger Eye Shawl and balling up the yarn, since that would make knitting much easier. (Working straight off the skein *really* doesn't work. Trust me on this.) I wound and wound and wound - without benefit of swift. I wasn't done last night (it's 1100 yards). Didn't finish this morning on the commute in, either. Finally broke down at lunch and spent my full lunch hour at Stitch DC Georgetown using their swift, and winding from the other end of the skein (which DIDN'T try to tangle every 1/3 of the way around the swift). While there was markedly less yarn left to ball up at the end of lunch, I wasn't finished, and I didn't get lunch. (Thankfully, there was a birthday in the office, so there was cake after the fact.) I finally finished creating my ball o' yarn by the end of the commute home, and almost didn't have the strength to cast on again...!


Anyway, on to the photos... Knitting is clearly cool this year - remember the wool-skein sheep in the Diesel window? - and so is crochet. In the window at Urban Outfitters, my favorite spot for all things trendy, there are two crocheted cloche hats:


Up the street, there's this AMAZING Charles Dresser teapot (the 1871 version) that I absolutely want, but cannot in any way justify obtaining without a sizeable lottery win:

Charles Dresser Teapot

where it is (Georgetown)

I mean, I absolutely love this thing. It's non-useable (if I actually want to keep it in good condition), it would just be decoration. I have nowhere to put it where it could be seen and enjoyed. But the design of it just sings to me!

Oh yeah, knitting. Here's some:




I think the center one is my favorite. (But I still really wish the almost-one from yesterday actually existed.) And, as you can see, I *did* start the shawl again, this time on my size 6 bamboos. It's going much better - the eights are just too big for the laceweight stuff. Hopefully, some actual visible progress will happen on *some* project this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. 1100 YARDS!!!! That sounds like a lot to a person who doesn't know how to knit. Still love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...