Friday, September 26, 2008

Wooly Bullies and Market Woes

I haven't the faintest idea how to embed a YouTube video (and I think it requires "joining", which I refuse to do), so I hereby redirect you to YouTube to see the wonderfully subversive video about crochet in a knit-dominated world, Wooly Bullies. Court, thanks for posting this gem!!

You may have noticed that, except for Tuesday, all the backgrounds of my photos are "my desk at work" or "The stone wall outside work" or "the lunchroom at work". The banking/finance industry, which indirectly pays for my yarn, is NOT having a good week. On the other hand, I'm getting a lot done on my #3 Fairy Tale Sock Club socks in between bouts of market panic. Having strung all the beads on Wednesday, Thursday was devoted to Actual Knitting. I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I thought I would, because of the Bead Factor. Even though I gave myself YARDS of yarn before the beads are there en masse, I caught up quickly. So it goes "knit a row, spend five minutes moving all the beads down what seems like enough, knit two rows, spend five more minutes moving all the beads..."

Thus, I got This Far (20 rows up):




I'm hoping to have at least one bead-part of one leg done by tomorrow. With Washington Mutual (WaMu) collapsing like a ton of bricks, there might not be that much knitting time today.

2 comments:

Your tracks here...