Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Loooooong weekend

Well, this weekend didn't work exactly to plan. The plan as go to TCEP on Saturday and Sunday (if not Monday, too), and have all the stitching done for the Baby Shower next weekend (now THIS weekend, yikes!). Instead, we mostly hid at the house on Saturday. I did go for my first run, and survived (second one is tonight when I get home). We can't remember what else we did though... we might have gone out to dinner? Yes, I think we got out of the house and went to dinner. (Dinner, I should add, did not settle well, and sleep didn't much happen. *sigh*.)

Sunday, we traveled up north to have DH's dad listen to our car. Funny engine knock was deemed "usual"; odd braking sound was deemed "GET THAT FIXED". Got to see our Grammy, and take her her stylin' new sport wheelchair.

Sporty, lightweight, and bright blue!


Also remembered to take a picture of the cool copper molds in the kitchen. I really like the squirrel; I'd own one, but I've never seen one anywhere else.


Went with my MIL to Michaels, and got t-shirts 2 for $5, yarn, what turned out to be the *wrong* knitting needles, the floss I needed for the Baby Shower project, and TWO PLASTIC TOY GRYPHONS. One will be glued onto my dashboard (away from the airbag, yes, I know), and the other will be a backup for when that fades. I coudln't believe there were actually toy plastic gryphons mixed in with the horses and dinosaurs!

Monday, we shopped. A LOT.


The Evidence

1. IHOP*
2. Starbucks*2b. Macy's
1 pr men's dress shoes
2c. Hallmark
Tinkerbell statue
Tinkerbell ornament
Imperial Shuttle ornament
4 jibbitz
2d. Bedazzled
yellow beads
orange beads
ruby beads
garnet beads
bead box
mood ring
2e. Payless
Argyle shoes
tote bag
3. Giant*
3 LR41 batteries
3a. Hallmark II
2 Imperal Shuttles
1 Trouble w/ Tribbles
   ornament
box maple sugar candy
4. Wendy's*
5. Borders
Knitting America
Just Cross Stitch
4 romances
flash cards
3 books for husband
5a. Hallmark III*
Bag and Tag for gift
Light-Up Airplane Fan
6. AC Moore*
sz 4 29" circs
tiny cactus cross stitch
lint roller
7. Safeway*


An asterisk indicates we paid cash; the rest was charged. "The Rest" was waaaaay more money than we could afford, but we got a bunch of Christmas shopping done, found all the crafts-related stuff that was left on my list, found dress shoes for DH's interviews, and I did NOT buy myself a WebKins Siamese or Himalayan cat (and clothes, toys, etc.). Despite the massive amounts of stuff we did buy (did I add most of it was on sale? We woudln't have been able to get quite this much elsewise, not that we can really afford all this), we did actually put a LOT of stuff back, eschewed a bunch of other stuff, and did not enter a whole mess of stores, especially the dangerous ones (jewelry: me; electronics: him).

Did I mention beads?


I didn't like the way my scrap of SotS-III was turning out, and given how much I love I and II, that means it's a supplies problem, not a pattern problem. So, bigger beads were required, definitely. Now I just have to find a different fiber, too - and my lovely orange laceweight mohair will become something else. It just wasn't meant to be a SotS.

Did get some stitching accomplished, at least. The baby bib will be done tonight (OR ELSE), and hopefully more on the diaper holder. I know I'll be up all night Friday night trying to finish them, but it's always that way. At least I bought the bag to put them in when they're done, so I don't have to worry about "wrapping" if I'm still stitching in the car on the way to the shower!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very busy but fun weekend, besides dinner. The beads are very pretty. Loved the shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...