Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A surprising new ability!

It certainly surprised me, that's for certain - apparently I learned something, before I realized I knew it. Seriously. Look at the following picture. Note that it's two-color knitting, and I'm just easily running both threads as if they were one, stitching the one I need and ignoring the one I didn't. I was on the train (see "train window" as evidence in photo below), and wondering why the heck the second MTMWMC sock was going so much more quickly than the other... and that would be why! So, I made my husband take a picture.


This new trick that my hands figured out before my brain knew what they were doing made getting all the way up to the "word" part of the sock before an early bedtime possible. See?


It probably doesn't hurt that I didn't have to figure out what the heck I was doing this sock, either, but could just slavishly copy the first one. With a few tweaks; I figured out how to do the "Chart A" increases near the toe so that the pattern just flows, and where to put the decreases to get the "word" part so it works out pretty. Also cheating horribly on second sock vis-a-vis the bottom - I purposely overstitched two stitches and scooted them onto the back needles so the "word" part is on the top needle, and the pattern on the bottm ones. Makes for less thinking. Hoping to have second sock up to where first sock is by end of lunch today. Wheeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...