Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Well, maybe *one* new project...

Okay, so, there was this weekend. And a storm. That blocked one of the interstates between the baby shower and home. So, MG and I (she was driving) detoured off Route 50 and into Nature's Yarns. I got to see Tiffany's progress on her SotS-III (it's gonna be GORGEOUS. She's using a slightly-paler version of firey beads, like I am, but is knitting in a neutral color that will be dyed once the whole thing is knitted up. Did I mention it's gonna be spectacular?) Anyway, so, it's raining outside, and I'm in a warm, wonderful yarn store. Naturally, I had to wander around and look at things. I did stop by the yarn that Tiffany had been meaning to use for SotS III, but it was 'spensive. (Well, not really. But more than I could safely spend right then.) There were many other things in the pale-peach to peach range, but they just didn't sing to me. Some bright yellow cotton, however, sang LOUDLY.


Simple multiplication said that eight skeins should be more than enough for the SotS III, assuming I remembered how much yarn I needed correctly (thankfully, I had). So I got them, and Tiffany balled two of them up for me.

The insane pressure of the Diaper Holder being off my back for a day, I managed to zip through Hint #1, and start in on Hint #2 already.


I consider myself only two hints behind, not three.

I didn't get back to the store for the Yarn Tasting on Sunday, sadly, but it's probably a good thing. I'm almost at the point of "too much yarn", which I didn't think was possible, and I don't *want* to be possible, so I'd best ease off for a week or two. Or, I suppose, finish knitting something . . . So, yes, the UFO count is now back up to 61, but I couldn't help myself. The yarn was so pretty and yellow!!

Oh! Lest I forget! I also received my yellow-and-orange bag, made by Cindy. I got it to go with the socks behind it. V. Cute!!




2 comments:

  1. I love yellow and red and purple and pink, but yellow and red are my very favorite colors. I hope the bag matches the sock just like you had hoped.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...