Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Really needed a "Ravelry" tag. Have one now.

Okay, so I'm well into the "I HAVE TWO DAYS LEFT - GAAAAAH!" panic stage of gift-giving. Last night, I finished the stitching on the baby bib (still need to back it to prevent loose threads).


It's a cute Dungeons & Dragons/gaming joke, stitched up as-I-went. Thank heavens I don't *have* to have patterns to get stuff that looks fun! The mom-to-be is a really accomplished cross-stitcher, so she's getting stitched things; the dad-to-be is a colossal gamer geek, and will appreciate the humor. The Diaper Bag has a similar joke, if I ever finish it. Naturally, very little knitting will happen until after the shower. (Well, maybe during the shower... it's all crafters, after all. But only if the Diaper Holder is finished. Thankfully, since it's going to be Far from Baby, I won't have to line it!

To have some knitting content, here are the
actual stats the Ravelympics mods gathered from the whole of the Ravelympics. These were so cool I just had to share them here, too:

Final Ravelympics Stats
Total FOs (not stash/yarn): 6764
Total frogged: 104
Countries participating: 56
Stash used: 556,784 meters
Yarn used (not everyone linked projects to stash in Ravelry): 1,996,255 meters
Yarn created: 56,182 meters.

556,784 meters of stash used - let's see, that equates to quickly punching numbers in the magical mileage calculator: 345.969 miles
And total yarn used in 6764 finished projects: 1,996,255 meters which is 1240.415 miles!

Get that? It's 6,764 FOs measuring 2,183,131 yards of yarn used up in 56 countries up for the Ravelympics!!

I have to say, I had a blast doing the Ravelympics, and I'm really looking forward to 2010!!

3 comments:

Your tracks here...