Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tiny holes in tiny beads. Yikes!

I find myself hoping that when I'm finished with these lovely socks, I'll have enough yarn left over to make matching mitts. Because the pattern is Just That Pretty!! I'm also all a-squee because the designer, Sanguine Gryphon, actually wants to *see* my socks in person. Extra incentive to Get Lots Done before Saturday! Wheee! Anyway, here's where I am now:


Fronts, up to the ankle


Backs, up to the ankle
(sorta would have to be, yah?)

That was last night's work. This morning, I gave the end of my ball of Magic Carpet an aglet, using some clear nail polish that was in my house. (I don't wear nail polish; clearly, it's been used as a crafting aid before, elsewise why would I have it?) I was, more or less, able to string on my first nineteen beads, but that first leaf? Whouf, it put up a fight! Today will be All The Stringing.


And I am TOTALLY doing all the bead-stringing at once, for both socks, since (a) I can - I'm at the beading point on both socks and (b) because I get the feeling I may never get a second completed sock if I don't.

I have learned to trust these feelings.

I may just have a long bit of bead-covered yarn to show tomorrow, unless I'm able to string beads at my desk during the day. I'm certainly going to try to do this, of course, but we're into the Busy Season, so it may not work as well as it would have, say, mid-August. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. You're putting beads on socks? Now you have me really confused. Want that be uncomfortable? I really must learn at least the basic of knitting so I can better understand what you are talking about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The designer is still agog over the speed of your knitting. You'll probably be finished by Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...