Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sadly, I also start new things. Lots of them.

Okay, I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to knit several rows of SotS-III without noticing that my needle was stuck through the shawl in a couple of places. Oy.


I'm still about halfway through Hint #2, and have decided that this shawl will be my Couch Project for the foreseeable future. The beading really just makes it non-portable for me. It's gonna be really, really pretty when done, though.

In non-knitting news, my poor Starbucks:


It totally flooded when the hydrant/water main underneath it went. Naturally, the entire place - despite being atop a hill - was completely flooded in the basement, and four feet of the first floor. (Also took out my new lunch spot next door. Sigh.) This Starbucks had wonderful comfy chairs that were just perfect for knitting beaded things (the window ledge was just the right height for the bead box). This is the other reason I'm not working on SotS-III as the carry-around project - lack of window ledge.

Anyway, instead of being a Good Bunny and picking up SotS-II as the carry-around (and it's just sitting right there in my Broncos stripe tote bag, too), I was drawn to my new hank of Claudia Hand Painted Silk Lace in the Stormy Days colorway. And I'd found, over the weekend, the pattern for the Tiger Eye Lace Scarf, which would, done over 115 stitches with three repeats of the Tiger Eye motif, broken up by three stitches in garter stitch, make a lovely Tiger Eye Lace Shawl. I am this far along:


Yeah, I know, I've cast on and knitted one row. But... the yarn is so PRETTY!!! (Back to 62 UFOs. Sigh.)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I am sure you know this, but to get your cable out of your SOTS, just knit onto another needle and then pull your cable out. That is if you can find another free needle, with all the UFO's you have going right now...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the yellow. Even after reading all the links you sent me and all the books I bought my loops were too tight. Where I am going with this is in Dec they are having a knitting class at Hancock's and I'm going tomorrow and signing up. I want to buy pretty yarn, I mean, I want to learn to knit. I need another addiction. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...