Thursday, March 20, 2008

Knitting Scouts!

Okay, so, on the Nutkin socks, I'm debating how tall to make them. Never having used the yarn before, it *looks* like there will be plenty for two socks. (It's advertised that way.) Plus, I have short, boxy feet, so I don't use *that* much yarn, really. Although having just four needles (one was lost at gaming over the weekend) is making it a bit too tricky for me to keep everything as it should be, so I'll be ripping back a bit once I have more size 1s.

In more sock-related news, I have, in fact, figured out Problem A with the Sekrit Projikt socks. I have figured it so well that I may (sadly) attempt to get over-fancy. Thankfully, it will have to wait until next week, when I can load up on more size 1 bamboo knitting needles. (I have another set in the house. If you've seen my house, you know why buying a third (and fourth) set is just easier.)

Fun things found: Knitting Scouts. How many badges do YOU have? I've got more than I thought, thanks to my mother. (She qualifies for MacGuyver III, due to the Save The Grizzlies project of 1969. Barbed wire, a turkey net (now a "yarn bra"), and a size-10 aluminum knitting needle kept a rogue herd of tourists from getting eaten.)

Preach Knitting
to the Masses

Impressive
Math Prowess

Crushing
Math Prowess

Knits Items with
No Useful Purpose

Level One
Knitting Injury
(Medical Attention Required)

Level Two
Knitting Injury
(Trip to ER Necessary)

Inordinately Fond
of Novelty Fibers

MacGuyver
Level One

MacGuyver
Level Two

Feel free to ask questions as to how I qualified for some of my badges!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...