Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm made of WIN!

First, a Big Giant Squeal: It totally doesn't count, or anything, since Hogwarts doesn't rank students (which, honestly, would take the fun out of it for lots of folks)... but if they did, guess who was the Highest Scoring Slytherin last term? Not just for Quidditch, but for Academics, too?

Why yes, that would be me.

I know, I know, it's just a game, and anyone playing wins. But I am a Slytherin, after all, and I do take a wee bit of pride in having Achieved a Great Accomplishment. (Especially since I don't think I'll be able to pull it off again, especially not next term!) A big Thank You !!!!! to the Kindly Staffmember Who Might Prefer To Remain Anonymous that let me know.

Ahem.

Back to what I'm knitting now. It being the Fourteenth of December yesterday, I deemed it a good day to start my Christmas knitting. Yes, you read that right... START. With ten days left, and less than that for the stuff that should be mailed... um... today. That's not going to happen. But last night, I pulled out all the yarn and needles needed for the three projects (one Who? Hat, a stuffed Trilobyte, and as many glass cozies as I can knit before it's time to mail them on Sunday). I started the hat on DPNs, then actually broke out my Boye interchageable set for the first time in who-knows-how-long. I MUST remember to return the needles to the case when I'm done with the hat/have decreased enough that I have to switch back to DPNs!!


I've also got to figure out why the bright red on my Fibre Space holiday hoodie matches my yarn in this photo. My telephone camera is WHACK. But hopefully, by Monday, finished hat - and MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...