Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Finally, some knitting!

I didn't have to work over the weekend, since Our Stuff was finished, and we were just waiting for Their Stuff. *Phew!* Thus, I discovered that I can, in fact, KNIT IN MY SLEEP. I mean, I was *probably* awake, but I'd had my allergy shot, so I don't actually remember finishing the set of lovely colorful glass cozies for my sister-in-law's family. (Witnesses confirm it was, indeed, me knitting.)


At some point, I also taught my mother the long-tail cast-on. (??) This is my first real experience with teaching someone absolutely right-handed something I do left-handed... and it took a while, but it worked. (Luckily, I'm mostly ambi, "thanks" to being a girl-schoolchild in Georgia in the 70s, in an area where using the left hand was BARELY tolerated in some boys, and not at all in girls.)

Now, see the little blue-and-white cozy, bottom right up there? Mom decided it looked like waves, sky and clouds... and wouldn't it be lovely if there were little sail-boats there, too? Being asleep, I started knitting, and by the end of the day, had four MORE glass cozies. (Never underestimate how fast you can knit when you're paying absolutely no attention and are, as far as you know, sitting/sleeping quietly in a comfy chair listening to holiday tunes.)


I've also hit the Owl Cable part of my dad's hat, so I should be able to finish that in time. Really. I'm just gonna keep telling myself that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...