Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yarn on Thursday - Bamboo!

This week, spotlight on Bamboo!

Now I really like bamboo yarn. It's very smooth, shiny, and the colors are muy intense. Depending on how it's spun, it can be a bit splitty; I take this into account when I'm working with it, so I don't get frustrated. During the course of the weekend, I discovered (much to my delight) that at some point, I'd bought a lovely deep aqua ball off Be Sweet bamboo:




You can see the intensity of the color a bit better here

I've made stuff with this yarn before. (Also, Fun article about Be Sweet here.) Here's my beaded headscarf:

It's not the only bamboo out there, of course. I got some lovely Alchemy Yarns bamboo a few years back, when I was just figuring out lace, and made a scarf/headscarf. Just look at how rich the color is! (And no, it's not an accident I'm photographing the orange scarf on a dark blue background. One, they're contrasting colors, so the orange I see is the orange you see (assuming your monitor is working), and two - yes, it's Denver Broncos colors. It happens to be a Denver Broncos blankie, on the other side.)

This is my only photo of this!!!

I've decided to make another scarf/headscarf with my ball of Be Sweet, and I'm doing a modified basketweave stitch (looks more like a checkerboard, which I think is pretty).

So, have you tried knitting with bamboo yarn yet? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Bamboo yarn is so yummy! I haven't bought any yet but I intend to. Love the orange!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...