Friday, February 27, 2009

Mythological Socks and Gusset Hole Prevention

Socks I knit aren't usually form-fitting (in that "exactly fitted around the ankle so it stays and holds nicely with no slipping whatsoever"), but this one is - and I actually *really* like it that way. It feels kinda like I'm wearing a skate - which is a warm-fuzzy. I hate the feeling of Loose Things around my ankles - it means I could slip, or land wrong (see, this is what happens when you're conditioned to something as a child. You still feel it's important decades after the fact when it doesn't actually apply at all.) Anyway, here is my perfect-at-the-ankle sock:


Me and my Little Sock



Here is my Sock #1 all finished, and the start of my left sock, Sock #2. Note how they're both in the photo so you have proof of my second-sockness. (I've got to get one of those mannequin feet that Wendy Johnson has - taking photos of my own feet is just a bit too much of a challenge these days.)


I'm trying to finish up my Checkerboard Waves Headscarf before the end of the month, so I'm knitting furiously on that. (Why? Because if I don't finish at least one thing in February - and right now, I've finished nothing - my monthly average for 2009 will be under two finishes a month, and that is NOT allowed to happen!) Hopefully, photos, and possibly the whole pattern for that up next week.

Also found this very helpful video on the elimination of Pesky Gusset Holes, which I should *NOT* be getting, but tend to sneak in from time to time due to my inability to count stitches after 9pm:


(url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOI_oXPm1iA)

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the socks! I agree that socks are suppose to fit at the ankle, if they don't they are trash bound. Did I mention I love the socks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sock pattern is waaay cool. I'm just getting started as a knitter; doing some baby booties to learn how to do all the parts of a sock in miniature...plus the neighbors are having twins, so they need them right?

    After that I plan to do some socks for me, and then some Zoidbergs (lobster claws) to keep my hands warm while I ride to work.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...