Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Virtual Shopping Spree

Okay, I promised you virtual shopping. Here we go!

First up: a few years back, I bought four lovely From Nancy's Needle patterns, one for each season. I have all the fibers for Spring, and the canvas is stretched and ready to go... I just haven't gotten to it yet. Saturday, while at Scarlet Thread (in its new location) to drop off Deb's Wedding Sampler off to show it at the annual Woodlawn Needlework Show, I stumbled upon a few things. As I am wont to do; I think I've given Sara Leigh at least a month's rent on the store by now. If not two. Someone had pulled the fibers needed to stitch up the Autumn Quilt... which I also have... hm. Well, they were right there, so I kinda had to get them.

Finished item, photo courtesy of Just Needlin'

If you're not local to the DC-Metro area, it's also available from Just Needlin' in Michigan, which is an on-line shop that seems to have EVERYTHING. Seriously. If you'd like a copy of this chart, here's the info to order it from them. (Yes, I make it easy for you. Maybe too easy...)
Item Name:   Autumn Quilt with button included
Category:    Needlepoint
Sub-Category:   From Nancy's Needle
Item Number:    FNNCN07
There's just something very soothing to me about canvaswork. It's rather like crochet, mentally: I may be able to do more with knitting and cross-stitch, but crochet and canvaswork are faster in my mind, if not in reality. Since I tend to make even "simple" canvaswork as tough as humanly possible, it isn't really any faster, but my brain thinks it is, and finds it more "relaxing" than cross-stitch. A lovely set of patterns like the Summer/Spring/Fall/Winter Quilt Squares just makes my little stitching heart sing!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...