Friday, February 13, 2009

The Virtual Shopping Spree, continued...

More from the shopping trip...

I like tiny cross-stitch projects. I really do. Sometimes I even finish them... but none lately. Well... I kinda picked up four, all to be stitched on black. The first three are from Funk & Weber's "Let There Be Night" series (and oooo, I'm going to have to get a few more of them!!). I really had to get the little house, and the polar bear... and since I was getting those two, I got the penguins as well. Then the Sweetheart Tree tree... it actually comes with the "Think Snow" charm!


Here's a better photo of the charts:


I'll be stitching on black linen, and all the threads are Carrie's Creations, except for a skein of Caron silk (the ice blue). The only thing I'd forgotten was just what a BEAST stitching on black linen is!! I was originally going to have the four pieces on one piece of cloth, but I don't think I'll survive doing that. I'll be quartering my linen, and carrying them around one at a time. That way, I'll have a prayer of getting a light-colored object behind the cloth as I stitch - because that's the ONLY way I'll be able to see what I'm doing!!

I also fell in lust with the rich colors and fun beading of Nora Corbett's "Rudolph"... I mean just *look* at it. How pretty!! With Ms. Corbett, I either love her stuff or not - there's very little middle ground. This is a LOVE. (I loved her Halloween Fairy, too, (see The Great Chocolate Disaster of 2008) even though I changed the wings. Didn't care for any of the other fairies - not sure why, since they're lovely - just not something I'd stitch.) Anyway, loved this:



and got the embellishment pack. Although I probably have most of the beads already, I know I'm going to want these!

Just for my own info, here's the supply list, and what I still need to get:
DMC floss: 310, 420, 613, 729, 815, 839, 840, 844, 904, 906, 956, 3032, 3371, 3708, 3801, 3857 and 3866 (I probably have these already...)
Rainbow Gallery Wisper: W88
Caron Waterlilies: 204
Kreinik #4 very fine braid: 028, 032 and 421
Mill Hill beads: 02011 and 42011
Mill Hill treasures: 13007, 13052 (3 pks), 13062, 13063 and 13065
Stitch count: 80 x 100

(And I'm trying desperately to talk myself OUT of stitching this on black as well. But it would look stunning, wouldn't it...?)

2 comments:

  1. You're going to go blind doing that. You should get an Ott light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW! Those Antartic Nights are beautiful! I can't wait to see those done. I would have to sit in the sun while stitching those so I could see. Yes, the Nora Corbitt would be stunning on black also.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...