Friday, February 6, 2009

This is still a knitting blog, really...

So I *have* actually been knitting. I re-cast on the Dragon Illusion Blanket. I had about 100 rows of the old pattern (which, as well as the paper pattern being lost, wasn't working all that well); I've got around 66 of the new now. With a total around 320, I've got a bit left to go. On the other hand, working from the front of the dragon to the back is making the visual easier for me to follow. It's a black dragon, dexter rampant: here, we have the beginning of a claw.


And a close up of same, from the correct angle.


It's hard to photograph this thing by myself. For one, even though it's on 60" needles (which is about 50" of cord or so, so it's scrunched up), it's gonna be a lot taller than that. Getting any one part flat without having it shoot off the needles isn't easy. For another, there's nowhere with good light at my house that's big enough, so I have to use the conference table at work. The light isn't great... and the granite is slippery, making it even harder to shoot.

But it's back underway, and is the current carry-around, until it gets too heavy (which should be in another 40 rows or so). Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...