Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All Things Considered...

So, I knit, cross-stitch, make windows & suncatchers, crochet, quilt, and such. I've also discovered that being a crafter pretty much leaks into every facet of my life. For example, I got a chance to put floors down in my house. I wanted heavy-duty industrial tile (almost impossible to destroy - and usually the cheapest option!!), and discovered that a 24" rotary cutter system will cut it just fine, so I got creative with my flooring:

The quilt block in the computer room



Chessboard - back room; Greek Key - dining room; TETRIS board - craft room.
Yeah, the quilt block is in the computer room, the TETRIS board is in the craft room.
The computer room was bigger, and I needed the space, but the floors were already down vice versa. Oh well.

As it turns out, I got four dressers from my grandparents' house, put them together - and suddenly I have storage for the kitchen (badly needed). Since the kitchen has a flag theme going, and the new "hutch" is right outside the kitchen, painting it seemed like the thing to do.

Still trying to decide whether or not to put a circle of 13 stars on the blue field, or just try to find some star-shaped drawer knobs.

Of course, the urge to be creative isn't limited to the house, or even to my own property:


And of course, I don't tend to limit myself to any particular bunch of crafts. Because if I did, I couldn't make shiny things like this!



So, if you're reading this regularly, you likely knit, crochet, quilt or stitch. What other crafts do you do?

5 comments:

  1. Um, you have a computer room? I have totally missed that on my visits, though I suppose it could have been hidding underneath boxes! Sigh, now that my job is sucking my life out of me, I don't craft as much as I want to...which reminds me, you have to help remind me how to do things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A computer room? Yes, I'm jealous plus you have a craft room. The floors are fantastic. The hutch looks great and I think the stars would really add to it. Gosh! The only crafts I do is quilt and crochet. I can cross-stitch but these old eyes aren't what they use to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your dresser.

    Verification word was: norked. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A computer room and craft room! I'm totally jealous. As far as my crafty weekend. Not as much as your's, but yes sat in knit, spun, and read all weekend. Loved it. Literally did not go out of the house for three whole days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I actually pulled the test sock out!! I am 1/2 through the heel flap on my 1st real sock...it is soo pretty. You guys really engourage me. I also make jewelry, pen & ink drawings & acrylic artwork (well not now as all I do is not).
    Peace,
    Darla

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...