Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pay it Forward...

I got an award!! Wheee!!



I got it from Kniterdone, and just looking into the idea behind it is wonderful: paying it forward/helping out as you can, just because you can (and sometimes even if you can't). It all started at Sojourner's Place, a great blog/online resource all on its own, and deservedly award-winning for the vast array of things it covers - history, politics, news, missing children, etc., from a working African-American woman's perspective - and, oh yeah, it's a good read as a blog, too. Check it out.

I'm to pass it on, and I haven't any time to think about to who, so just off the top of my head, here you go...

Carrie, for her work with the Athens Clarke Literacy Council. (PS, it's possible to win a pair of socks, handknit by her, if you enter her raffle by donating to the ACLC. Details on her blog, here.

Darla, for her positive attitude, and for being one of the few new bloggers on the internet who got, right off the bat, that everyone doesn't have to agree with what you write! She has her views (so there!), and that's cool!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on receiving the Emblem of the Helping Hand. My vision when creating that award was to see blogger being acknowledged for not only their excellence - but also their willingness to help others. To date, I have yet to be disappointed.

    Much Obliged for doing what you do so well!

    SjP of Sojourner's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank you for the Award. My world has expanded so, you have no idea. I look at all of you as new friends. I enjoy your blog and your knowledge & wit. And to knit is to know..well maybe??

    Thank you so much,
    Darla

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...