Monday, December 1, 2008

The Very Long Weekend

First, the shopping. There was, of course, shopping over the weekend. The Search Object this year was an abductor/adductor machine that actually works (!) - and, upon entering the store at 6:30am, we had it by 6:50, plus the blender my mother was looking for. I picked up some previously special-ordered books (and, okay, the new IK and Knitters). Hit Michael's, A.C. Moore, and Uniquities in Vienna. And, oh my heavens, I bought yarn. Sock yarn, mostly, enough to make six seven pairs of socks for myself, and one for my husband. (He's got sized 14 feet; I got four balls of nice, soft black yarn. There will be a cable or two, so I dont lose my mind knitting ginormous socks - and I have all next year to do them.) A stray ball of white and silver glistening yarn - with two more on order. (This will be the new Secret of the Stole III, and will go much better with the theme. I won't be doing the beading on this version - the sparkly would overwhelm it.) The Tuesday Morning had, for no apparent reason, four balls of cashmerino that matched the coat I was wearing. (And totebags. Lots of totebags.) And a little bag of orange-turquoise-hotpink fluff followed me home as well. (Darn this spinning thing. It's both fun *and* addictive.) I'll try to get a photo of the new stash up later this week.

About the only thing I didn't find was something akin to these plastic sock blockers. I may have to break down and get an account at The Loopy Ewe...

Now, the knitting. It was a really GOOD weekend for knitting. To wit:


I finished my LabCat Lace Scarf...


... and Secret of the Stole II....


... and a passel of Rabbits.

Sadly, I did not finish all 30 rabbits; I am 14 ears (i.e., 7 rabbits) short of the target of 30. I probably could have gotten them done if I'd started working on them some time before 5:30pm on Sunday evening - as it was, I got 21 done in five hours (I was then rabbited out). Now that there isn't Rabbit Time Pressure, I'll finish the others over the course of the week, because I have to give most of them away soon! I will post better pictures of the finished items once the sun comes back out in the morning - I tend to get my best shots around 8am near the C&O canal.

Oh, there was turkey, too. So.... how was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Your stole looks awesome! Those bunnies are just too cute! It is really nice to get some things completed, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are beautiful in the scarf and the stole is out of this world. WOW!! It must be true what they say about how fast bunnies multiply. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...