Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's "Promotional Yarn"

Well, I heard back from Bernat!
Hi
Thank you for contacting our company. We are very interested to hear
about your concerns and questions regarding our patterns, and yarns.
The product you are looking for was a promotional item, the store
carries it for a short time and once they are out of stock the product
is no longer available. Promotional products will never be listed on
our web sites.

Once again thank you for contacting our company, If for some reason you
are still having problems please do not hesitate to contact us.

Your Friends at Bernat.
Doris Erb
Website, Pattern and Yarn Support
Spinrite LP
www.bernat.com
Not the answer I was hoping for, of course, but they responded very quickly, which is wonderful. I'll be scouring A.C. Moore stores in the area during my two free hours this weekend, I guess!

Pointer of the Week: For a lovely travelouge (and knitting), I recommend reading Franklin's blog regarding his trip back from London. Heck, read all about his trip to London, while you're at it. And the rest of his blog, since you'll already be there - totally worth it. For wonderful pics of yarn, spinning wheels, adventures, history, etc. in Ireland, Celtic Memory Yarns is great fun. I just adore reading her entries - they go on about all sorts of interesting things, with lots of pictures. (There are other lovely blogs out there, of course, but lately these two are all about The Travel.)

In unrelated giggles, back in the 90's when I was hitting B-school, this was The Big Story of Corporate Greed Spun Out of Control:


Naturally, I've recently pulled out my old, beloved, dog-eared copy and re-read it. The lessons therein pretty much show that, in light of the "recent" economic crisis, every generation has to learn its lesson the hard way!

On the knitting front, much to my surprise, my Ninja Armwarmers are going a lot more quickly than I thought they would. I guess it's because I was winging it on the first one, where this one I can look at the finished one and see what I did. (Hopefully, this will mean much less frogging. There was a lot of frogging on the first one as I tried to get it to fit properly.)

On the other front, the Forget-Me-Not shawl... man, I'd forgotten just how slow going it is when trying to knit superfine mohair. Oh, it's softer than a dream, and fluffy, and oh-so-pretty... but OMG, it sticks to itself something fierce!! I did break down and switch the Susan Bates silvalumes out for Addi Lace needles. The difference, OH the difference! Per Kar's suggestion, I'll also be looking into Knit Picks needles; I've heard good things, and two sets of Addi Lace are about my limit. (Although... for this fluffy whisper-thin mohair stuff, they may well be the way I go in the future. Assuming I am so foolish as to ever try to knit another shawl with this stuff!)

And, just because, here's a random picture from the past: me and the Giant L.L. Bean backpack!



4 comments:

  1. now that's a backpack! Also, really? I had no idea Enterntainment Weekly was that old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That backpack would hold a lot of yarn. Sorry to hear the missing yarn was promotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, i've tried to figure out the site you sent me too, but how do you add comments in html??

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, never mind, I'm an idiot.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...