Friday, December 19, 2008

Good Knitting Books for CHEEP!

Did you know that Buy.com sells knitting books?? I sure didn't - and look, at good prices! (Sadly, I think I've got all the books I want for now, especially since I tracked down the second copy of Franklin Habit's "It Itches!" for my boss... no, wait, I don't have


Knitted Tams yet...!)

Oh, and since seeing it on Subway Knitter's blog, I also want a copy of this:


There's a green sweater in there that's just lovely! My mother had the original book, so it looks really familiar, but it got lost in a long-ago move. Hm. Maybe I should get her a copy for her birthday....!!

And I love this dress:


Seriously, folks - LARGE is an 11/12? And a 30" waist? Somewhere, Marilyn Monroe is spinning in her grave. And - sadly - I have to say the dress looked cuter on the mannequin-that-actually-had-a-figure in the store window than on the website/catalog model. Someone needs to feed that poor child - but she can't eat, or she won't get work. And that, my friends, is part of what's seriously wrong with the World of Fashion. Bless Delta Burke and her plus-sized lingere and swimsuit lines! And, besides... I'm going to make a dress based on the one you see to your left. And it will be knitted, and have boning, and otherwise be adorable... and big enough for a normal adult human female to wear. Yaaaaaaay!!

PS, it has been almost a week since I have knit anything rabbit-related. I have no urge to knit anything rabbit related, either, which is a problem, as I need a tiny rabbit-sized Peter Rabbit jacket. *Sigh!*

1 comment:

  1. Great books! If size 11 is large I bet they don't even give fluffy a number. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...