Thursday, December 18, 2008

A break from rabbits and knitting

In the post-rabbit reorganization of my living space and yarn, I actually found the Christmas Chessboard (one of the eight things that might be finished before the end of the year, if I could only find it.) I laid it out on the big table at work Monday morning, to see if I could actually get the squares alternate. I think you'd have to have a pretty good memory to actually play chess on it, to be honest; there's not a clear divvy-up of light and dark squares. Checkers would probably work, because you'd just stay on your diagonals... or it might just end up being A Pretty Thing. Whatever, it's hand-pieced, and it'll be hand-quilted, eventually.


I keep not getting much done on it because every time I pick it up, I have to figure out how the heck it all goes together again. Not this time! With the use of technology (a.k.a. "paper towels from the break room"), I was able to keep everything as it should be. I don't know why this didn't occur to me before; I use a huge felt-covered cardboard tube and muslin to keep my other (much larger) pieced things in order. *Sigh.*


Hopefully, I'll get this thing pieced once and for all so I can get on with the (very simple) quilting!!). Because, heck, it would be nice to finish *something* quilted this year, right?

1 comment:

  1. Pretty fabrics! You hand pieced the chess board and NOW you are going to hand quilt it? YOU GO, GIRL! I can't wait to see it finished. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...