Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not-Quite-Addis...

Well, if something sells, there will be imitators. Addi Turbos just rock, as needles go; I'm seriously considering getting a size 4 of the Addi Lace circs to finish up the Forget-Me-Not Shawl by Shui Kuen Kozinski. On the other hand, A.C. Moore is now stocking these:


Has anyone tried them? They're clearly trying to go after the Addi market (I mean really. Why else name them "Velocity"?). I didn't see a size 4 pair, which is what I need. Oh, darn, may have to give in and get the Addis anyway.

Which brings us to why I need them:

Couch ProjectCommuting ProjectWaiting Project
Peacock Scarf.
(beads involved)
Forget-Me-Not Shawl
(if on circs only)
Ninja Armwarmers
Titania CardiganTiger Eyes ShawlKoigu Scarf
Argyle Hearts SweaterFTSC-1-III Socks 

You see, I'm on the Forget-Me-Not shawl, but it's a commuting project ONLY if it's on circular needles. Right now, it's on size 4 straight needles - and you don't want to know how far down a train car those can roll. Plus, they're tiny. They get caught in the worst places. (Remind me to tell you sometime about my "suspicious behavior", the two Metro policemen, the Metro police dog and my grandmother's just-out-of-reach knitting needle.)

My carry-around waiting project for right now is my Ninja Armwarmers, because (a) it doesn't get any more mindless than "Knit in a tiny circle. A lot. Knit a tinier circle. Join. Knit more in a cirle. Knit another tiny circle. Join. Knit around and around until you have enough knitting to cover your entire arm."


The Evidence
Armwarmers, left, in black; Shawl, right, in HOT pink

It was supposed to be my Fairy Tale Sock Club #1 third socks - but I lost them in the house again! Arrrgh! And Fairy Tale Sock Club #2 is about to start! I managed to find them last night, and get them all together, so when I get bored of millions of circles of black (give it two more days, I think), I'll go back to the socks.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the hot pink, now that's my kind of color shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like the old Susan Bates Quicksilver needles. I love those things because the cord is really pliable and the tips are sharper than addi's. I hope this is a new thing because the current Susan Bates needles are so dull and the cord is a constant battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Addi's also, but they are pricey!. I really like the circulars from Knit Picks. They are cheaper and the cable is as great as Addi. And you get your orders fast! Take a look, I think you would love them just as much.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...