Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday Miscellany

Whups, there were a few more photos I meant to share on Tuesday. Since there wasn't really room, I'm not that upset I forgot them. So, here you go!

The seat cushion under the cool illusion/intarsia sun thing is actually a split-back (zipperless) pillow cover, with ties. It's all hand-stitched (I'm still scared of my sewing machine), and made from duck cloth - because it might be, say, sitting outside in a baseball stadium in the rain someday. I want it to hold up! I was a good bunny and actually pinned my seams before stitching so they'd be even. Yeah, that sounds basic, but you'd be surprised how often I don't pin and just hope I can eyeball it!
My boss, out of the blue, brought me some pretty Gerber daisies for my desk last week. They're still doing fine, and will probably make it into next week. I thought that was totally sweet of her!
All that Project Runway watching during making all the sandwiches? I totally loved Heidi Klum's dress at the finale. There's got to be a way to work this neckline (a) with yarn and (b) onto my HoM O.W.L.-to-be corset. I think it would look SUPER cool.
The Hufflepuff-colored dish scrubbie was actually going to be bigger than it is. I even started the next row in yellow, then did the math: I was going to be crocheting over 6,000 stitches for JUST THIS ROUND if I kept going - and I was going to have to do more black on top of that. Exponential progression - YIKES!!! I pulled it out, and went with the lovely little object you saw previously. I'd still be crocheting it NOW if I hadn't!
My friend JJ got some amazing - and expensive and very, very exclusive (like $200/skein!) yarn as a gift. She made an amazing sweater from it - yes, everything you see, even the sparklies, are all one yarn. It's a really, really lovely piece!!
Finally, the Giant Happy Flying Bunny is in its new home. And yes, I just now realized I have a Hufflepuff color scheme car. *Sigh.* I love it anyway.

1 comment:

Your tracks here...