Tuesday, June 1, 2010

... and I finished my Potions assignment just in time!

As of Friday:

For the Headmistress Spring Term Challenge, I got a good bit of the way on the HufflePuff Bookscarf... and decided I really didn't like the way it looked. So, frog.


Instead, I stumbled on to some Miss Babs Yummy Toes at Fibre Space:


The colorways are Pewter (dark grey/black), Oyster (light grey), Homebrew (gold), Roasted Pumpkin (bronze), Verdigris (green), Regent (blue), Peeps (yellow) and Vlad (red). YARNY LOVE!!!! I'll be making my bookscarves from these, thank you, and they'll go quickly since 16 stitches around is About Right. (And I know that, because I started at 24 stitches around and 16-2-4-2 for the rows, and it was almost an actual rabbit-sized scarf!)

Slogging along on the last of my class pieces for May: the tea cozy for Potions. It looks like it'll be four pieces of snake when all is said and done, and then there will be the eyes, rattle for the tail, and tongue. So, five colors, probably, and bordering on 8 pieces (possibly more, depending on tail assembly. Here we are Saturday, when 'sit at table and knit stockinette very slowly' was all I was good for:




Bottom two bits seamed together


Add the third bit, and it's starting to look like something.
It's getting there, slowly.

As of Saturday: I did nothing. Didn't feel well, didn't really knit. Sigh.

As of Sunday: I felt much better, and got all four bookscarves finished. I'm glad I just winged it with yarn I liked in the end; I finished them, and had fun doing it (which wasn't the case with the perle cotton!).



As of Sunday: Sensing that the term was coming to a close, I realized now was the time to finish my Potions assingment. I managed to knit everything Sunday night, and got his eyes, rattle, and tounge fixed on. (The eyes are big, floofy yellow bullion knots, with black colonial knots in the centers; the tounge is braided from three strands, the third of which is caught in the knot at the fork in the tounge, so there's just two forks. Three forks would be weird.)





As of Monday: I stayed up until around 2 a.m. getting everything done but the seaming. The teapot, you see, isn't mine. It's my mother's, and no way was she gonna let it out of her house. So, early Monday morning, I went to visit the teapot:


Yes, it's a Harry Potter teapot. Fitting, no?

After saying "hello" to it, I seamed the rest of the tea cozy while it was on the teapot, so it would fit Just Right, and added some stuffing (so the coils would look pretty, and so his head wouldn't be flat).




Fancy brass clasps for the back.

Since it seems like I've knitted over a mile of green and black striped snake, I named him "Miles". I think he approves.


2 comments:

Your tracks here...