Friday, June 25, 2010

"640" is a lot of stitches per round.

Meant to go to bed really early last night, so I could be in line to get my car inspected at 6am this morning; this failed badly. Mostly because I didn't get home until 9pm; then because the elimination show of "So You Think You Can Dance" was on (NIGEL WAS RIGHT, darnit!), then because I was almost done with yet another swatch.

Anyway, managed to finish all three swatches for my Melissa Leapman Celtic Cables class, and put them on "holders" (aka bright yellow acrylic yarn, last seen making Happy Sun objects):


Plus, I've got the first of the four swatches for the next class done. I'm sort of freaking out that I'll get to the airport, check my bag, and all my knitting stuff will disappear - but that's not really logical, right? Anyway, my class swatches, registration packet and dad's little birds (which WILL BE FINISHED, darnit!) will be in my carry-on - and anything else can be replaced. I'd rather not have to replace it, mind you, but it can be.

Also hit a milestone of sorts on Girasole: during the final row of Chart D (I'm done with Chart D! I'm done with Chart D!), I switched up to the 36" circs. The 24"s were very, very happy about this, and glad to retire back to their little Plastic Clover Needle Bag.


It's slow going now, though. Every row from here on out is approximately 1% of the blanket; I'm at 37.4% right now, and that means I need another 13 rows to be safely over 50%. (That, according to the Girasole Tracker, puts me at exactly 51%.) There are forty 16-stitch pattern repeats per round with Chart E, and Chart E gets repeated three times.

I get the feeling I'm really going to be hating Chart E by the end of Sunday, since I'd really *really* like to get my 50% turned in already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...