Thursday, June 10, 2010

More sunshine....

Okay, so Monday, I showed you the little crochet Happy Sun I made up. That was for Potions class; the Charms assignment is supposed to show the play of dark against light, and be linked to the Potions project. I love illusion knitting, so I made up a right-way chart based off my little Happy Sun:


I use really thin graph paper, so I can draw a design the "right" way, then flip it over, since my brain really likes the right-to-left chart to be showing what I'm doing on the back of the fabric (and no, I can't do it the other way 'round, I get horribly confused.) Here's the first (possibly only?) side of whatever-this-is-going-to-be (pillow? Chair cushion? OOOOOO!!! CHAIR CUSHION!!!... well, maybe.) I like the fact that the yellow circle shows up well. And yes, this is Illusion Intarsia. You knew I was crazy, but hey, I come up with cool stuff!!


The circle on the striped black and orange field becomes...


... another Happy Sun!!!

I'm really psyched with the way this came out!!

2 comments:

  1. I think a chair-cushion might be a waste; if someone is going to be sitting on it, how can you show it off? I think a decorative pillow would be really cool, because it's probably a little small for a functional pillow. Unless you stuff it with that memory foam stuff. That would be amazing. Mmmm memory foam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...