Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So, one month of the term is gone...

May Wrap Up: I managed to finish all six classes, play Quidditch, and started my O.W.L. and the Headmistress Challenge. For my own records (and anyone who's curious), here's all my Proof of Submission, just in case there are questions later. Not that I expect there to be questions, but I'm all about having backup proof and records and stuff. Anyway:
  1. O.W.L. Proposal - Charms - Girasole (post #178), turned in Saturday, May 1;
  2. Herbology - purled rose hair elastic (post #150), turned in Wednesday, May 5;
  3. Ancient Runes - rune mitts (post #191), turned in Monday, May 10;
  4. Defense Against the Dark Arts - Bunny Nugget quartet (post #253), turned in Monday, May 10;
  5. History of Magic - illusion book cover (post #230), turned in Monday, May 10;
  6. Charms - GHFB (post #319), turned in Wednesday, May 19;
  7. Potions - tea cozy (post #748), turned in Monday, May 31;
  8. Three Warmths for Quidditch - three Jayne Hats (First Aid post #1522), turned in Saturday, May 22;
  9. Four Bookscarves for the Headmistress Challenge (post #217), turned in June 2, but finished May 30.
Also, I got +6 points for Slytherin in History of Magic for "having a proper respect for books"!

Because I had fun with it, here's my "turn in" post for the Headmistress's Challenge:

Hi, everyone! I finished my bookscarves for the Headmistress's Challenge. See, here the four of them are... waitaminit....



Hamish! Stop that! Bad Bunny Nugget! That's not yours!!


Ahem. Anyway, here are the FOUR bookscarves. I ended up winging them, since working with perle cotton wasn't, well, working, so I switched over to Miss Babs Yummy Toes. Much easier to work with, but a bit thicker, so I downsized (a lot) from the HP2 Griffie scarf I made my mother.


Here's a closeup so you can see the pretty, and...



HAMISH!!


*Sigh.*
I guess I have one more tiny scarf to knit!


Upcoming Things I Might Knit At Hogwarts (if they'll fit in a class - the stuff I think *will* fit in a class is in BOLD):
  1. Jared Flood's Romney Kercheif (me)
  2. another Jayne Hat - this time in purples (Margo)
  3. yet another Jayne Hat - sized down, and made from all the leftovers from the other four hats (Little Bear)
  4. a dishcloth (never made one!)
  5. a picture dishcloth (never made one either!)
  6. more purled roses (MiL)
  7. Eclipse Socks (me)
  8. Little Finches (Dad)
  9. Cowl Button Hat (Mom)
  10. Filet Crochet Bunny Afghan (Katie)
  11. Flying Keys
  12. HP Fair Isle Bag (Slytherin)
  13. Lava Flow cowl (me or mom)
  14. Knit Trilobyte (Spouse)
  15. Hexagon Boot Slippers (me AND mom)
  16. Pumpkin Tea Cozy (me)
  17. Bedsocks (me)
  18. Bath Poof (Spouse)
Most of it's in my Ravelry queue; some of it isn't. Sigh. Anyway, plenty of ideas & things that I already have the yarn for; at this point, I have enough new things I'd like to make to last into next term!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that Hamish.

    And I'm completely in awe of you - your ability to actually get things done is just inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...