Friday, June 4, 2010

I think it's a "coif" or a "wimple", actually...

So, remember that hat I was knitting for my mom? It was my carry-around project this week, and I finished it last night, and got her to model it this morning. Here it is about 4/5 of the way through:


Here's a comparison of the hat I was "copying" - more the structure than the pattern - and the hat I did. I wanted deeper, fluffier honeycombs, but I have to say that the twisted stitches in the ribbing worked WONDERFULLY. Snugs right in around the neck to prevent drafts, but not too tightly. I also switched the side the buttons were on - she won't admit to being ambidextrous/dominant left hand like me, but she is.

Here she is modeling it, and I'm glad I got photos this morning, because I'll NEVER get it back from her. She loves it!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous, love the way it hugs the neck at the back

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...