Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Things that followed me home...

So, I was forced to hit Needlewoman East (in Falls Church) a few Saturdays back, while I was still conscious, and get some metallic bronze fiber for the Ravenclaw bookscarf. Kreinik had some, of course, and at least one of the bookscarves was sort-of working - but I eventually ditched it to work with the Miss Babs Yummy Toes instead. But, since I was there IN THE NEEDLEPOINT SHOP, and there happened to be an amazing trunk show, I accidentally got three handpainted canvasses: a holiday ornament each for my folks that I might actually finish this year, and the third one for myself.


I mean really: it's a handpainted canvas of Chili con Queso, my absolute favorite food. (And it's vaguely Michael Powell-ish, and I love his stuff). This one I may actually finish in a timely manner (depending on HPKCHC, of course).

That same Sunday, I had to get dropped off early for the Jared Flood workshops at Fibre Space... so, there I am, alone, in a yarn store for over an hour with little to do but wander around, LOOKing at things. In addition to the three sets of Hiya-Hiya size 0 DPNs that I *meant* to purchase (I lose DPNs at an alarming rate; metal means I might hear them fall; multiple sets means I won't be stranded somewhere Unable To Knit), I also got some Gryffindor/Redskins yarn to make fingertipless mitts for my mom (who's wanted a pair forever):


Some HufflePuff/Georgia Tech yarn. Not sure what's happening to it yet...


... and this yarn,


...which I fell in love with INSTANTLY, and with which I'm gonna make this pattern...



Yes, it's wool in a tank top. I wear a leather jacket in the winter, and sometimes it gets warm/cold oddly. I tend to wear more tank tops in the winter than the summer as a result (our office is freezing in the summer, warm in winter...). Thus, this.

This spate of purchases should hold me until the TKGA conference in July!!

At some point, I picked up these for (I think) 30cents each - they look cute, and gee, I think I have some yarn I can use to make pretty little things:


I noticed them when I was photographing all the other things on top of this... my new 3.5" high yarn bin on wheels. Which, of course, is already overflowing. SIGH.



But at least I won't run out of projects any time soon, which is good, since I can't really justify buying ANYTHING else until the TKGA conference in July!!!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...