Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Three things done, and it's not enough!

So, last Friday, I did a pre-post draft for today. Sort of a wish-list of things I hoped to accomplish, without thinking any of it would actually happen.
Okay, I need to focus. Here's what I need to be knitting, and when it has to be done:

ProjectJune 30
Deadline
July 5
Deadline
Whenever
50% of OWLX      
Eclipse SocksX      
Undecided HoM Project X       
Finches for Dad   X   
TKGA Con Homework   X   
Hello Kitty Scarf      X
Slytherin Scarf for Hamish       X 
Monster Yarn Project      X
Sweet Grandparents      X


Plus, there's the Slytherin TARDIS knitalong in July (thankfully, IN JULY), a scrubbie I need to crochet, etc. etc. etc.....!

Now, realistically, I can do the TKGA con stuff waiting in the airport/hotel the day before. My airline is fine with knitting needles as long as they're not metal. (Those will be in the checked baggage, natch.) This gives me all of the July 4 weekend - when I won't be getting a shot to slow me down - to do the little finches for my Dad.

Also realistically, Hamish's scarf is going to be done this week, and I'm starting the YoT:SE giant Yarn Swatch Blanket of Doom up again or I *never* will.

This means, basically, that I need about 50 rows of Girasole done this & next week, and the Eclipse Socks, to boot. Which means I need to come up with something for History of Magic.

Since extra points are awarded for doing research on a House Founder other than one's own, I picked Rowena Ravenclaw. I found out gobs about her, but still no ideas that just Jump Out. I'm wondering if I could switch to Helga Hufflepuff (honestly, I started with her, but wasn't getting any ideas)? Maybe a market bag or a scrubbie? Practical, useful, hardworking sorts of things? Hm. Must think on this.
As of today, THE LIST has changed!!! The stuff marked out? Already dealt with!

History of Magic is done and turned in (two hyperbolic crocheted scrubbies). The black and yellow is acrylic, for scrubbing, and won't absorb much water; the green is cotton, which will absorb water, for bathing.

See? Hufflepuff house colors!


Hamish's scarf is done. He's getting a bit full of himself since he realized he was a screen star:


He demanded that his scarf have actual sparkly silver.



He's been hanging out with some football hooligans in dark corners under streetlamps lately. I blame the World Cup. But at least he'll be warm in his new scarf.


I found some gorgeous yarn for the Tardis Cowl - can you say MadelineTosh PASHMINA?? This stuff is SOOOOOOO soft - merino, cashmere & silk - and machine washable! The blue (colorway Fathom) is for the Tardis Cowl, as are the lovely pewter buttons. The green (Malachite) is for I-don't-know-what-but-I-pulled-a-20% off-prize-and-it-was-so-pretty!!


I also got more Miss Babs Yummy Toes. I swear, I need to stay out of Fibre Space while they've got these in stock!


There's some progress on DADA, even. Which is good, since I discovered that I really wanted knee-socks, not just socks, so that's an extra 6-8 inches of knitting I need to do per sock. There will be under-the-desk knitting happening if these are going to be done in time!


Plus, I did all the seaming on my Charms intarsia/illusion pillow. Sounds like a good weekend, right? Well, it would've been - except that I missed about eight hours of knitting time that I'd planned on. I'll explain tomorrow!

1 comment:

Your tracks here...