Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A wee bit of knitting.

Well, the stock market free-fall on Monday (which was continued on Tuesday!) will have some "interesting" ripple effects. A lot of small boutique and specialty stores tend to fall victim to hard economic times first - like LNSs and yarn stores. Support your local LNS if you can, so it will be there later!

The BBC is running a "Your Pictures - the sartorial sins of your childhood" photo gallery right now. I don't think that many are all *that* bad, since I spent every day of my early childhood in a red turtleneck, red corderoy pants, red sneakers and little red hair-ribbons. My favorite is the following:


I like the idea of Grandma covering all her loved ones with her job lot of maroon wool.

I would've gotten a lot more done on my Twilight Mitts, but the Twilight Author, Stephanie Meyers, has this new book, The Host, which I happened to snag from the library. And, per usual, can't put down. So, no knitting yesterday at lunch...


... and not much on the ride home. Or once *at* home. Thanks to a bit of knitting this morning, on the ride in, I made it to row 60 (of 83).


Can you see any difference from yesterday's photo?

This is a Very Slow Mitten. Having to frog every so often because I've lost my place in the pattern, and kinda winging it on the thumb is lining up some interesting challenges doing Mitt #2!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mitts are impressive and I love the abundance of maroon!

    ReplyDelete

Your tracks here...