Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cool Gadget o' the Week

Okay, so, not much knitting on Monday, but Tuesday went much better. During lunch, I was able to sit across the street in our Shiny New Park and knit for an hour:


Our new park rocks. Comfy benches, and the airplanes overhead are loud enough
to drown out all the chatter from nearby annoying office drones without lives.
They do have lives, actually, they're just really boring.

This got me within four rows of being able to finish and cast off the thumb. And I got to hear all about Terry (that's what the other girl called her) and how, in middle school, y'know, you'd like a guy, and, like, even if he was a total jerk and hated you, you'd, like, still like him, but thank God she was past that, and if That Jerk (didn't catch his name) wasn't going to call, she wasn't going to waste any time thinking about him. And then Terry and her bench-buddy spent at least forty minutes dissecting every conversation Terry and The Jerk had had over the past three weeks. *eyeroll*

Oh! While I'm thinking about it, this is the Coolest Thing Ever. This is my new Clover row counter:


It has a space to be suspended off a cord (not included), but who needs that? It fits in my pocked, AND IT LOCKS so the numbers don't change unless I want them to. This works for me much better than other row counters I have tried (oh, so many varieties!), and I totally would not be able to knit my Winter Twilight Mitts without it. This isn't regularly-patterned colorwork, where once you figure out a row you just keep going; it's high-concentration-follow-the-pattern stuff. (I have lots of extra yarn, since I didn't realize how little I'd be using; the matching hat I'll be starting in January, when I'm allowed to start new stuff, will at least be eight repeats of the same complicated thing, so I won't be *quite* so pattern-attached.)

Anyway, cool new gadget that Solved That Problem. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...